OPSC OAS 2021: Eligibility, Application Form, Syllabus, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, and Result
The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is the state agency that can allow the conduct of civil service examination. The examination is conducted for entry-level appointments in various civil services of Odisha. Some of the examinations taken by the Odisha Public Service Commission include:
- Junior lecturer O.E.S.
- Odisha Civil Services Examination
- Odisha Judicial Service Examination
- Odisha Education Service
- Odisha Municipality Administration Service
- Endured section Officer
- Tourist officer
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil and Mechanical)
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Assistant in OPSC office
OPSC OAS 2021 Notification Details :
|Total Post||– 392|
|Name of The Board||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Who Can Apply||All Odisha Candidates|
|Gender||Both Male/female Apply|
|Apply Last Date||12-02-2020|
|Qualification||Candidates should be completed Graduate in any recognized university|
Important Dates for OPSC OAS 2021 Notification:
|Start Date of Online Application||12/01/2021|
|Last Date of Online Application||11/02/2021|
|Last Date To Submit Exam Fees||18 / 02 /2021|
Age Limit (as on 01/01/2021):
|S.No.||Name of the Posts||Age Limit|
|1||Minimum Age||21 years|
|2||Maximum Age||32 Years|
The role and responsibilities of the OPSC include
The roles and functions of the OPCS Commission are divided into various categories:
- The Commission is responsible for making new recruitment rules and amendments regarding the recruitment and conditions of Group ‘B’ posts/services.
- He is responsible for giving advice related to the promotion of officers and determination of inter-seniority etc.
- The Commission appoints candidates for various positions available in Group ‘B’ jobs.
Odisha PCS Examination: Highlights
- Exam Name: OPSC Combined Competitive Examination
- Examination Body: Odisha Public Service Commission
- Examination Method: Online
- Level in Exam: OPCS Preliminary Exam, OPCS Mains Exam, and OPCS Personality Test
- Examination held: Once a year
- Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree Required
- The language used to write the exam: English and Odia
Odisha Civil Service Exam Date
|OPSC 2021 Official notification||31 -12 -2020|
|Fees submission last date||18-02-2021|
|Issue date of Admit Card||Will be updated later|
|Odisha Civil Services 2021 Exam Date||Will be updated later|
|Result date announced||Will be updated later|
What is the eligibility criteria of OPSC OPSC OAS 2021?
- He should be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates appearing for the OPCS exam must be under 32 years of age and over 21 years of age. (As of the first day of January 2021)
educational qualification For OPSC OAS 2021:
- Bachelor’s degree: Candidates should have obtained a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
- Candidates should read, write, and speak in Odia regional language.
- Must have passed Odia as a language subject in middle school
- Students should complete their Class-VIII education from a school or educational institution recognized by the Government of Odisha
- Candidates must have passed an examination in Odia in the Middle English School Standards arranged by the Department of School and Mass Education, Government of Odisha,
- Passed HSC or equivalent examination with Odia as the medium of examination.
How To Apply OPSC OAS 2021
New candidates can apply for OPSC recruitment 2021 next year. The following steps can be followed while filling the application form:
- Check the official website.
- After that, the candidates have to click on the link related to the latest information.
- Crosscheck all the information mentioned by the OPSC Board in the official notification.
- Start the registration process.
- While filling the application form, fill in the required details.
- While applying, upload all the required documents in the prescribed format.
- After this, pay the application fee.
- Click on the submit button, complete the filling process
Application Fees For OPSC OAS 2021
- A candidate will get only Rs. 500 / – (Rupees Five hundred) Non-refundable and the non-adjustable fee will have to be paid. The fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or reserved for any other examination or recruitment.
- Only candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes of Odisha, and Persons with Disabilities, whose permanent disability is 40% or more, are exempted from payment of this fee.
OPSC Exam Pattern For OPSC OAS 2021
To be shortlisted for a government job, candidates must pass the OPSC examination in all three stages.
Stage I – Preliminary Examination
This phase consists of 2 papers, Objective Type (MCQs) will be asked.
Paper I – General Studies (Maximum marks 200)
Based on their marks in Paper I, the merit list of the candidates will be finalized.
Paper-II: Paper 2 consists of aptitude questions and the weightage is 200 marks. Paper 2 will be eligible by nature and it is mandatory for the candidates to get a minimum of 33% in Paper-II otherwise their Paper I will not be evaluated.
In the Preliminary Examination, candidates will be awarded marks for the correct responses to each question. One-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted to indicate an incorrect response to each question, but if the answer sheet shows no response to a question, then no deduction will be made of the total marks. Each question will be given four answers and only one correct answer will be given. More than one response in any question will be treated as an incorrect response and marks will be deducted for such an incorrect response if one of the responses resulted in an incorrect response.
Only the essays, general studies, and elective subject question papers of the candidates for the main written examination will be evaluated by the Commission at its discretion for qualifying papers in the Odia language and English, which can achieve such minimum standards.
Preliminary Exam PAPER-I
1. Current Affairs
6. General Science
1. Communication Skill
2. Logical Reasoning
4. English Grammar
Main Examination Types For OPSC OAS 2021 :
The Main Examination shall consist of the following papers and each paper shall be of three hours duration.
|Paper I||Odia Language||300||3|
|Paper III||English Essay||200||2|
|Paper IV||GS I||300||3|
|Paper V||GS II||300||3|
|Optional Subject I||Paper I||300||3|
|Optional Subject II||Paper I||300||3|
2. LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR MAIN EXAMINATION
2. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
4. Agricultural Engineering
7. Civil Engineering
8. Commerce & Accountancy
10. Electrical Engineering
12. Fisheries Science
16. Home Science
18. Indian Language & Literature (anyone)
(a) Odia, (b) Hindi, (c) Sanskrit, (d) English, (e) Persian, (f) Urdu.
22. Mechanical Engineering
25. Political Science & International Relations
26. Public Administration
ZONE OF OPSC OAS 2021 EXAMINATION:
Both Preliminary and Main Examination will be held at five Zonal Centers of the State, viz: Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, and Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zones. Candidates are required to select the zone of their choice where they would like to appear at the examination, at the time of filling the online application form. While every effort will be made to allot candidates to the zone of their choice, the commission may, at their discretion, allow any other zone to the candidates when circumstances so warrant. REQUEST FOR CHANGE OF ZONE WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
Number Of Attempts:
Each candidate appearing in the Civil Services Examination, who is otherwise eligible, will be allowed four attempts in the examination: Provided that –
(i) There will be no such limit for S.C. and S.T. candidates.
(ii) The number of attempts allowed for socially and educationally backward class candidates who are otherwise eligible will be seven. This exemption will be available to the candidates who are eligible to avail of the reservation applicable for such candidates.
|To Apply Online||Click here|
|For Official Website||Click here|
|For Official Notification||Click here|